Installing Property Hive is quick and easy and is possible via two methods:
The easiest way to install the Property Hive plugin is through WordPress itself. By doing the installation this way, WordPress handles the download and transfer of files on your behalf, without having to leave the browser. This makes it quicker to get started, and is also great for people not comfortable with moving files around.
To perform an automatic installation simply follow the steps below:
- Login to WordPress
- Navigate to ‘Plugins’ in the left hand menu and click ‘Add New’ *
- Perform a search for ‘Property Hive’
- Click ‘Install Now’ on the plugin found
- It may take a few seconds for the plugin to be downloaded. Once complete, click the ‘Activate Plugin’ link.
* If you don’t see the ‘Plugins’ option in the left hand side it may be that your user account does have the correct privileges. In this case you can ask an administrator to install it on your behalf, or ask for your access level to be increased.
Whilst installing Property Hive via this method you may get taken to a page requesting the FTP details of your webserver. When you’re prompted for these details, simply fill in your details to complete the installation. If you don’t know this information your web hosters and/or developer will be able to provide this to you.
Manual installation ends up with the plugin still being installed and activated, but you must manually upload the plugin. Manual installation is also great for the scenario when you don’t have FTP details, or when you’re running WordPress on a local development server.
To perform a manual installation follow the steps below:
- Visit the Property Hive page on the WordPress plugin repository: https://wordpress.org/plugins/propertyhive/
- Click ‘Download’ to get the latest version. A Zip file containing the plugins contents will be downloaded to your computer.
- Once the download has completed log into WordPress and navigate to ‘Plugins > Add New’ in the left menu.
- Click ‘Upload Plugin’.
- Browse to the Zip file that was downloaded and click ‘Install Now’
- Once uploaded and installed you can activate the plugin to begin using it.