The process of getting properties to appear on the live Zoopla website is normally as follows:
1. Purchase, install and activate the Zoopla Real-Time Listings Add On
2. If you're not a member of Zoopla you'll need to contact them and register with them accordingly.
Note: The below steps require command line access and a certain level of technical expertise. If you don't have command line access, or are unsure, you can ask your host to perform these steps. Or, if you have a license key, get in touch with us and we may be able to do this on your behalf.
3. The Zoopla feed uses server keys to authenticate any requests sent. You'll need command line access to create these keys. Whilst on the command line run the following to create private/public key pairs:
openssl genrsa -out private.pem 2048
Do not enter a password during this step.
4. You'll then need to create a certificate signing request (CSR) like so:
openssl req -new -sha256 -key private.pem -out public.csr
You'll be prompted to complete information about your company during this stage.
5. Now we have the CSR (public.csr) you'll need to navigate to Zoopla's certificate signing request submission page and upload it. More about this process can be found on Zoopla's own documentation here.
6. This will give you a verification code which you should write down somewhere. Zoopla will then call you and ask for this code to verify it was you that uploaded the CSR.
7. Once verified, they'll email through the necessary information that you can enter to the 'Property Hive > Settings > Zoopla RTDF' area of WordPress. This will include information such as a branch codes and a certificate.
8. Once these have been entered you’ll then need to demonstrate that you can add and remove properties successfully. It's likely you'll need to run in this test/sandbox mode for a number of days.
9. When everything is ok and all tests pass, Zoopla will send you a new set of certificates and URLs from step 4 to be uploaded.
That is obviously a high-level overview of the process. Next we’ll look at how and where to enter the above information, as well as common troubleshooting issues.